"Classic AW CD 56:22"
December 27, 1968
- Mary expresses her concern to Jim that Liz has gotten wind of the fact that Rachel and Steve had lunch.
- Alice admits to Lenore that she is not happy over her recent breakup with Steve. [Dialogue fine but music garbled]
- Mary/Jim... Pat.
- John warns Liz that her "irresponsible tongue" caused Bill's accident after he admonished Liz for gossiping about Steve and Rachel's luncheon.
December 31, 1968
- Ada... Rachel.
- Missy and Bill are unpacking as an unwelcome Liz arrives to help.
January 2, 1969
- Lahoma, Sam, and Lee awaken on Sam/Lahoma's wedding day contemplating what this
wedding will mean for each of them.
- Ada pleads with Rachel not to hide the fact that she had lunch with Steve.
- Lahoma/Peggy... Lee.
- Sam/Mrs. Gilhooly... Ernie.
- The wedding ceremony begins at Ada's house.
March 14 and 17, 1969
- A hodgepodge of out-of-sequence scenes, most notably, the return of Liz's daughter, Susan,
sounding very emotionally disturbed and full of self-pity.
December 25, 1969
- Cast singing Silent Night in lieu of closing theme, with announcer Bill Wolff extending holiday wishes on behalf of AW cast and crew.
Extraneous items: Edge of Night fade outs, TV commercial, snippet of 1970 Top 40 song, and an
opening to "Another World - Bay City."
January 3, 1969
- Lee breaks a favorite coffee cup Sam had given her.
- The wedding ceremony concludes followed by the congratulatory hubbub.
- The wedding reception continues with Ernie making a toast, then there is a fade to the doorbell
ringing in Lee's apartment.
- Note: Clarke Morgan plays the AW theme for the last time, more beautifully than ever.
January 22, 1969
- Mary walks around her living room, obviously annoyed at the loud music Rachel is playing in
January 23, 1969
May 9, 1969
- An excessively vocal Liz quarrels with Bill and Missy over Susan just before Liz leaves for
- Another vociferous example of Liz's temper as she quarrels with Susan.
May 14, 1969
- Walter and Lenore frantically try to stop Lee as she flees to her car, where she encounters the
ghost of Lefty Burns and has her fatal accident.
May 22, 1969
- Lee's death scene. Her face is covered with a sheet.
May 26, 1969
- John calls Pat at home delivering the news that Lee has died.
May 27, 1969
- Lee's funeral service.
The remainder of the CD is miscellaneous themes and fade outs from other soaps.
Audio Sample: Liz/Susan spat.