"Classic AW CD 52:49"
October 21, 1968
- Sam has difficulty coming to terms with Bill's accident and asks Lahoma to stay and talk.
- John, Lee, and Peggy relay the news that Bill is going into surgery.
- Lahoma conveys her philosophy of life to Sam.
- Sam wonders to Ada if he can love Lahoma while still harboring feelings for Lee.
- Missy and Pat awaken the morning after Bill's accident.
- Ada is excited that Sam may be in love with Lahoma.
October 23, 1968
- Ernie tells Ada they shall focus on their wedding plans, not Sam and Lahoma's.
- Lenore assures Lahoma she is right for Sam.
November 4, 1968
- Lee summons Lahoma to inform her that she has changed her mind about marrying Sam.
- Fred issues Walter a stern warning as they discuss Walter's irrational jealousy of Bill.
- Sam leaves, Ada gets on the phone with Ernie. Doorbell rings leaving Ada stunned to find Lee
- FADE OUT TO LOGO
November 5, 1968
- Lenore arrives at HQ after leaving the hospital at Walter's insistence and is upset to discover
that the job he said he needed her there to do has already been done. It is apparent to her this
was a ruse to get her out of the hospital because Bill is a patient there.
- Lee arrives to tell Sam she still loves and wants to marry him, but before she gets the chance, a
very smug Ada tells her that Sam has just proposed to Lahoma. All Lee can do is pretend she
already knew and has stopped by to congratulate him, which she does when he arrives. She
leaves the apartment heartbroken and sobs uncontrollably on the stairs as Clarke's sadly
beautiful organ music swells through the fade out.
October 15, 1968
- Missy/Russ/Liz/Mary/Alice, just after Bill's accident.
- Missy sees a delirious, badly injured Bill for the first time after the accident.
- Alice calls home to ask Rachel to explain to Steve why she is not there when he arrives to pick
her up for their date.
- Rachel makes Steve a drink while he stares at the picture of Alice on the mantle as Clarke plays
- Rachel asks Steven what he would have done if his wife had asked him to turn down an
important career opportunity, as she had of Russ. His response is he never would have refused
to make a critical career move to please his wife and that Russ should have been stronger in his
October 16, 1968
- FADE OUT. Scene particulars unknown.
October 18, 1968
- Missy in the hospital waiting room during Bill's surgery. Almost all music as Missy flashbacks
to her release from prison (9/67) as Bill escorted her out into the sunshine, her wedding to Bill
(12/67), and a scene of Bill in silhouette playing with Ricky and other children ending with her
plea to God for Bill's recovery.
- FADE OUT TO LOGO.
- Lee gets the news of Bill's accident from Peggy and John.
- Rachel tells an incredulous Ada that Russ was wrong to yield to her pressure to turn down the
appointment at Massachusetts General.
November 1, 1968
- Pat greets Peggy at John's office to call the hospital to get updates on Bill's condition.
- Lee breathlessly tells Peggy that she wants to speak with her about Sam.
- FADE OUT TO LOGO.
- Pat and John remark on Liz being a troublemaker while she deflects blame onto anyone who accuses her of misdeeds.
- Lahoma tells Ada that she intends to settle matters with Lee and that Sam proposed marriage to her.
- Pat and Alice baffled by Lee abruptly breaking her engagement to Sam.
- Peggy ribs Lee about it being obvious that she wants to discuss Sam with her.
- Lee tells Peggy that she hopes that she and Sam will reconcile once she reveals her true reasons for jilting him.
- Lee surprised by Lahoma's unexpected arrival.
February 26, 1969
- Multiple cast members. Dru toasts Jim as he is about to depart on an extended business trip
doing work for Steven Frame. He would be gone for 6 months with Hugh Marlowe in the role
when he returned.
The CD concludes with a very peculiar yogurt commercial spoofing soap operas with its use of
organ music and melodrama.