Previous Updates - 2002
November 10, 2002
September 22, 2002
The wedding of Sally and Denny, with special appearance by Jim (may
or may not be his last scene). The amazing first meeting of Catlin and Sally. The Corys grieve the presumed
death of Mac. Lots of all-new location sequences: British Columbia (1984), Majorca (1984), Lassiter (1985), Arizona (1985).
The all-new, one-true Carl/Rachel Shakespeare scene. All-time great freeze frames, including Cass/Kathleen, Catlin/Sally,
Carl, and the famous one of Marley on the back of Jake's bike. ($20)
New Info: Marcella Martin (Flo Murray) was
the real-life mother of Gaye Huston (Lee Randolph). Full names: Lahoma Elizabeth Vane, Ernest Jason Downs. New photos:
Anne Whitelaw, Nicolai Pirenko.
July 21, 2002
- New photos: Afternoon TV: 9/70.
- New info: DOB/DOD: Barbara Berjer (Bridget Connell), July 12, 1921 -
October, 2002. Geoffrey Lumb (Mitchell Dru), July 13, 1905 - November 24,
1990. Full names: Frederick Hilton Douglas. Temporary replacements:
Whitfield Connor as Fred (1969). Dorothy Stinnette (Laura Cooper,
Somerset) as Liz (1969).
July 14, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (January 5-9, 1981).
- If you haven't played the fully interactive game yet, here's just a small sample.
July 7, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (December 29, 1980 - January 2, 1981).
June 30, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (December 22-26, 1980).
June 23, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (December 15-19, 1980).
- AWVL Update: The Last Great Tape is still on track, probably for a late July release.
June 16, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (December 8-12, 1980).
June 9, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (December 1-5, 1980).
June 2, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (November 24-28, 1980).
May 26, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (November 17-21, 1980).
May 19, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (November 10-14, 1980).
- AW is listed on the Jump the Shark web site.
May 12, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (November 3-7, 1980).
May 5, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (October 27-31, 1980).
April 28, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (October 20-24, 1980).
- Now Available: The Best of the Late 1970s. Features 25 characters.
Highlights: Joey's hearing. Russ's homecoming.
Willis and Angie, and baby makes three. The wedding of Joey and Eileen. Brian
defends Mac and Janice from Rachel's wrath. Sally turns her life around. Jamie
and Cecile's big announcement. A last goodbye to Alice's cottage. (All-new, all-mint, $20)
- In Development: Another great new tape for the 6/25 anniversary.
- Jim Cronin (Officer Ian O'Leary, 1/31/96-3/17/97) tells the AWHP:
"My fondest memories from my tenure on AW involved hanging out with members
of the cast and crew, particularly John Bolger (Gabe), Joe Barbara (Joe),
and Tim Gibbs (Gary). This really came about by the fact that I was most
likely doing a scene with one of these guys, and therefore would see them
first thing in the morning and onward throughout the day. I would also
occasionally see members of the cast and crew out and about around
Manhattan, and would undoubtedly be greeted with the shout of 'O'Leary!',
since this seemed to start off nearly every scene I was involved in. My
character was either making a mess of things, or cleaning up messes,
depending on the story line. I was also fond of days that ended taping
after 7pm, because we were then allowed to take limos back into Manhattan
(instead of the usual subway). I would always get teamed up with Linda Dano
(Felicia), since we both resided on the Upper East side, so the rides were
always interesting. I do miss the AW days, but have happily moved on to
another world of my own: a rewarding career (Account Director for a
pharmaceutical market research & analysis company of all things!), suburban
life in Northern Westchester County New York, and last but not least, a wife
and two beautiful little girls. Best to all of the Another World fans out
there. It was as much fun as it looked."
April 21, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (October 13-17, 1980).
April 14, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (October 6-10, 1980).
April 7, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (September 29 - October 3, 1980).
- Carla Borelli (Reena, 1979-1982) played Lydia, Mitch's NY playmate, on October 9, 1979.
March 31, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (September 22-26, 1980).
March 24, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (September 15-19, 1980).
March 17, 2002
March 10, 2002
March 3, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (September 8-12, 1980).
February 24, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (August 18-22, 1980).
February 17, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (August 11-15, 1980).
- John C. McGinley (Scrubs)
appeared as Ned, Vicky's old flame from Lassiter for 11 episodes from
September 2, 1985 to January 15, 1986.
February 10, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (August 4-8, 1980).
February 3, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (July 28 - August 1, 1980).
- Everything old is new again: Drinking Game.
- Sharon Gabet (Brittany, 1985-1987) has written her autobiography.
It contains anecdotes from her time on AW and is available here.
January 27, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (July 21-25, 1980).
January 20, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (July 14-18, 1980).
January 13, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (July 7-11, 1980).
January 6, 2002
- New Daily Synopses (June 30 - July 3, 1980).
- New Daily Synopses (June 20-27, 1980).
- Steve Bolsterís character (Ted Clark) had to be imprisoned for a while,
so Bolster arranged through his father - a retired judge in Massachusetts -
to be imprisoned for a day to get the real feel of prison life. The prison
authorities were not told, and Bolster was treated as a real inmate.