- While the AWHP does not have a clear definition for minor characters, it can include contract and non-contract roles. However, there are exceptions, such as blood relatives who made "one-off" appearances. For the most part, characters are considered minor if (1) they were blood relatives of major characters who appeared on a recurring basis, (2) were involved in a major storyline, (3) interacted with at least two major characters, and (4) made/had a significant number of appearance and/or tenure
- Characters are organized alphabetically by last name. Format is [last name, first name]. For example: Kramer, Dana.
- "FB" means the character appeared in a flashback only
- "Recur" means the character was recurring. Designation is for characters who had long absences between appearances.
- Photos are screen captures from actual episodes or from official soap opera publicity material. Where these were unavailable, contemporaneous photos were used from other sources
- The name [arranged alphabetically by surname] of the character as he/she is currently called.
- The day/week, month, and year the first and last times the character appeared on Another World
- In chronological order, all known actors who have played the role and the dates of their appearances
- Facts and background information about the character, which includes purpose of the character, relationships, reasons for coming to Bay City and leaving town, etc.