Previous Updates - 2020
July 8, 2020:
- New Audition story for Alla Korot (Jenna Norris, 1990-1993)
- Shooting: Lorenzo shot Capt. Billy Cooper on November 30, 1994.
- Added Announcements for May 1989, which were of characters rehashing their personal situation and reminding viewers of the upcoming 25th anniversary celebration.
- New Set picture: Cass and Frankie's house.
- New information: The role of D.A. Phil Martin, who prosecuted Pat during the trial for shooting Tom Baxter was played by Paul Sparer, who later played Rex Cooper on Somerset. Last known whereabouts of Clara Hudson was in Florida. Actor Chris Cooper played the role of Ed, a bartender in Dry Creek, Wyoming in 1985.
- Previously unknown Crossover: Kimberlin Brown appeared on March 2 and 3, 1999 as her Y&R and B&B character, Sheila Carter using the alias Shelly Clark.
March 25, 2020:
- Added to Minor Characters: Tommy Lee Morrow, husband of Adrienne Morrow, head of drug cartel who was killed during a police shoot out by Larry Ewing (1985), Buck Mason, a crooked cop who killed Gary Sinclair's former police partner, Grace, and was jailed after holding Josie Watts hostage (1995).
- Corrections: Kale Brown (Michael Hudson, 1986-1992, 1995-1998) returned to attend Grant and Vicky's wedding February 3-9, 1993. Dr. Joe Bernardi was played by Colgate Salsbury in 1966. The recurring character Dr. David Thornton was played by two actors: Konrad Mattaei in 1969 and by Joseph Ponazecki in 1971.
- Added to Honorable Mentions in Special Episodes: July 22, 1965. The episode contained several flashbacks of everything that happened to Pat Randolph while in Bedfordtown earlier that year as she recounted the events to Jim and Mary Matthews.
February 26, 2020:
- New info: Eileen Letchworth played Anne Mason, mother of errant teen Emily Mason and owner of the Imago dress shop in 1969. Actor John Karlen played Casey, a loan shark who shot Ted Clark in 1971.
- New Audition stories for Sandra Ferguson (Amanda Cory, 1987-1993; 1998-1999) and Alice Barrett-Mitchell (Frankie Frame, 1989-1996, 1999).
- New cover: May 21-27, 1972, TV Magazine with Susan Sullivan (Lenore Moore).
- New AW Print Ad: Show Premier Ad (1964).
- The Couples Themes now includes links to the actual songs on the Music page.
- Site News: At the beginning of the year, we uploaded audio from March 5, 1979, the first 90-minute episode. It will be followed by a bi-weekly release schedule of more 1976-1978 audio material that will last almost to the end of the year, including quite possibly a very special classic episode.
- Special Site Announcement: The AWHP's 25th anniversary will take place in April 2020. To mark the occasion, Eddie and I will have special updates throughout the year (and possibly through 2021). These include: survey results encompassing the show's entire history, new daily synopses for 1964-1978 and 1986-1987, photos, and song pages. Therefore, "regular updates" will become infrequent.
January 28, 2020:
- New info: Last known mention of R.J. Morgan was during Roy Bingham and Henrietta Morgan's wedding reception on April 20, 1984. Made by Thomasina Todd. Exit Scene/Line of Jensen Buchanan as Vicky Hudson (1994) In her house while picking up Kirkland Harrison before fleeing town, "Here we go." Last appearance of Betty Miller as Jeanne Ewing was August 8, 1983. Info added for Brian Bancroft dating Donna Love in 1983 here.
January 24, 2020:
- New pictures in the Photo Galleries including: Alice Matthews Frame (Jacquie Courtney), Russ Matthews (Sam Groom) and Rachel Cory (Robin Strasser), Caroline Stafford, Tony Douglas and Alice (Jacquie Courtney), Vicky Hudson (Anne Heche), Cass Winthrop and Nicole Love (Anne Howard), Michael Bauer and Bill Matthews, John Randolph with Mary, Pat, and Alice, Cass Winthrop and Josie Watts (Amy Carlson), Peter Love (John Hutton), Cass Winthrop, and Cecile DePoulignac (Nancy Frangione), Michael Bauer, Lee Randolph (Gaye Huston), and Pat Randolph (Susan Trustman), Lily Mason, Mac, Rachel, and Iris, Peter Love (John Hutton) and Cecile DePoulignac, Blaine Ewing (Laura Malone), Carl Hutchins and Rachel Cory, and Marley Hudson (Anne Heche).
January 20, 2020:
- New Audition stories for Jane Cameron (Nancy McGowan, 1984-1987) and Matthew Crane (Matthew Cory).
- Date of Victoria Wyndham's 25th Anniversary special episode was July 21, 1997.
- New cover: May 1973, Tv By Day with Ann Wedgeworth (Lahoma Vane Lucas) and daughter.
- List of AW collections added to Archives.
- The song, "Life Is a Highway," by Tom Cochrane was played during Justin Chamber's first appearance as Nick Hudson on May 16, 1995.
- Daytime Emmy Award for Best Original Song (1991): "Dreamlove" written by Roxanne Seeman and Billy Hughes.