- The detailed synopses from May 4, 1964 to December 31, 1979 are a joint venture by Eddie Drueding and Michael McGavin using the original scripts as purchased from the
Popular Culture Library of Bowling Green State University. Dialogue is as
appears in script, and may be different when spoken by the actors onscreen.
Red-letter text is dialogue cut from the script, usually
for time considerations.
- The weekly synopses from mid-1976 to 1999 were taken from a weekly syndicated
column (originally entitled "Tune in Tomorrow"). It was written by Jon-Michael Reed
from the 1970s until he died in 1986. The column was continued by Nancy Reichardt (1986
to around 1990), Walter Yurkiw (1998), and Noeline Knowles (around 1990 to 1999). Supplemental information for 1980-1983 was taken from the synopses of Soap Opera Digest.
Names misspelled, as well as incorrect plot details (a not uncommon occurence),
have been corrected.
- Brian Varkula wrote the daily synopses from June 20, 1980 - January 9, 1981.
- Mike McGavin wrote the daily synopses from January 12, 1981 - November 19, 1981.
- The daily synopses from July 1, 1987 - January, 22, 1991 come from Soapnet's AW web site.
- The daily synopses from February 26, 1996 - April 30, 1999 come from NBC's AW web site.
- Additional information was supplied by various soap opera publications.