- The detailed synopses from May 4, 1964 to December 31, 1979 are a joint venture by Eddie Drueding and Michael McGavin using the original scripts as purchased from the
Popular Culture Library of Bowling Green State University. Dialogue is as appears in script, and may be different when spoken by the actors onscreen.
Red-letter text is dialogue cut from the script, usually for time considerations.
- The weekly synopses from mid-1976 to 1999 were taken from a weekly syndicated column (originally entitled "Tune in Tomorrow"). Names misspelled, as well as incorrect plot details (a not uncommon occurence), have been corrected. Supplemental information for 1980-1984 was taken from the synopses of Soap Opera Digest and various soap-related newspaper columns.
- Brian Varkula wrote the daily synopses from June 20, 1980 - January 9, 1981.
- The detailed synopses from January 12, 1981 - June 25, 1999 were written by Eddie Drueding and Michael McGavin except as noted below.
- The daily synopses from September 1984 to August 1985 were written from Sarah Cutter's transcripts of her audio recordings of the episodes.
- The daily synopses from July 1, 1987 - January 22, 1991 come from Soapnet's AW web site.
- The daily synopses from February 26, 1996 - April 30, 1999 come from NBC's AW web site. New synopses have been written by the AWHP to fill gaps within NBC's original daily synopses.
- Additional information was supplied by various soap opera publications.