Previous Updates - 2013
- New Info: Thomasina was the daughter of Lily Mason's deceased sister. Louis St. George turned himself into French authorities and was convicted of art theft. Mark Singleton was brought to Bay City by Jamie Frame to help with writing a new novel. Introduction Scenes: Jeanne Ewing: (At Smiley's Diner with Maisie Watkins). Lily Mason: (Over the phone to Stacey Winthrop) "Who is it? Oh, it's you. What do you want?" Dr. Abel Marsh (with Henrietta Morgan in her house). Mark Singleton (Being interviewed by Jamie Frame). Dawn Benz played Sally Frame, March - May 1983 before being replaced by Mary Page Keller.
- Minor Characters: Felicia's secretary, Miss Devon's first name was Estelle. Mark Singleton's campaign manager, Zack Hill first appeared in March 1983. Cullen was a former worker at Frame Construction who harassed Quinn.
- Trials: Sandy Cory vs. Cecile DePoulignac for custody of Maggie Cory. Date: February 1983.
- New info for the following Characters: Joan Barnard, Laura Baxter, Lefty Burns, Ted Clark, Mac Cory, Wally Curtin, Robert Delaney, Emma Frame Ordway, Louise Goddard Brooks, Beatrice Gordon, Raymond Gordon, Neil Johnson, Sylvie Kosloff, Carole Lamonte, Sam Lucas, Lahoma Vane Lucas, Granny Matthews, Russ Matthews, Gil McGowan, Lenore Moore, Flo Murray, Angie Perrini, Lee Randolph, Marianne Randolph, Michael Randolph, Charlie Rushinberger, Mark Venable, Barbara Weaver, Iris Wheeler.
- Jordan Charney (Sam Lucas) departed from Somerset in November 1973 but returned December 1973 to attend Laura Cooper's funeral. Sam then rejoined AW in December 1973 or January 1974.
- Detailed cast lists, show credits, and crossovers for Somerset in Spinoffs and Crossovers. See Mark Faulkner's extensive fan page Somerset.
- New info: Peggy chose the last name Lazarus to symbolize "rising from the ashes." Through a few brief exchanges, Reginald reminded Peggy he had helped her in the past and her relationship with Peter may have been arranged.
- Abandoned storylines: Larry and M.J. having an affair, The Adam/M.J./Chad love triangle due to Sally Spencer's departure, recasting the roles of Lisa Grady and M.J. McKinnon.
- Photo of the Copper Kettle where Missy Palmer worked as a waitress in Sets.
- Previous Roles: Kate Wilkinson (Clara) played Alice Nixon, a former Love servant, two episodes in September 1986. Grayson McCough (Morgan) played a racecar driver and friend of Dennis Wheeler's April 2 and 3, 1992.
- New info: Captain Sean Delaney appeared August 16, 1988 - October 1988. Ellen Dolan (Margo Hughes, ATWT), originated the role of Morgan Graves, being interviewed on TV about Jason Frame's murder. The next time the character appeared was at Felicia's trial when Donna Murphy assumed the role. Robert and Felicia assumed Noah Grady's last name but were never adopted by him.
- New Dates: Kevin Cook and Reena divorced on December 18, 1980, Dennis Wheeler and Paige Marshall married February 9, 1981 and divorce on September 28, 1981. Alex Wheeler and Iris married on November 21, 1980 and the marriage was dissolved June 1981. The character Janet Matthews was written out because Liza Chapman was pregnant and it had been established the character couldn't have children. Plans to bring the character back were abandoned when Liza was killed in a car crash.
- Reorganized Synopses so all daily and weekly synopses are accessible in one table.
- Crossovers: In 1980, Mac Cory (August 20) and Brian Bancroft (August 18 and 20) appeared on Texas.
- New Synopses: February 24, 25, and October 7, 1988; March 3, 6, April 11, 12, and June 28, 29, 30, 1989.
- New and corrected entries in Family Trees: Matthews: Marianne's baby referenced in 1989; Grady: Robert and Felicia; Frame and Matthews: Josie and Gary Jr; Frame: Diana's mother Pamela Strickland; Hudson: Nick's mother Diana Terry.
- New info: Last appearances: Melissa (February 12, 1982), Jim (April 8, 1982), Mitch (March 22, 1982), Blaine (Laura Malone), July 31, 1984, Linda Metcalf (September 23, 1981), Jamie Frame (Richard Bekins), May 30, 1983. First appearances: Pete Shea (November 30, 1981).
- New info: Thank you to AW Fan Daniel Ahearn for his contributions. Judith Barcroft became bored playing Lenore, so the writers put the character on trial for Walter Curtin's murder. Trials: Missy, May 1967. Lenore, December 1970 - March 1971. Introduction Dates: Pat (Beverly Penberthy), April 1967, Lee, (Barbara Rodell), September 1967, Liz (Nancy Wickwire), August 1969, Lenore (Susan Sullivan), April 1971. Exit Dates: Pat (Susan Trustman), March 28, 1967, Lee (Gaye Huston), September 1967, Lenore (Judith Barcroft), March 1971.
- New info: Last appearances: Ada and Hannah (November 26, 1992), Liz (Audra Lindley) (June 20, 1969), Katherine (April 15, 1966). Exit Scenes: Ada, in the Cory Mansion, "Will you look at that? Three guys and poof they're gone." Hannah, in the Cory Mansion, to Matthew, "You too." Liz, in her house to Susan, "You came back here without a thought in your head but to spite me and hurt me and humiliate me in front of all our friends." Blaine Ewing Cory (Laura Malone) to Jamie, "Thank you. I'll be right back. Excuse me." Cecile (1984), "Cass, you'll always be here in my heart...always have a place in my heart without any sacrifice." Thank you to Sarah Cutter for helping me make Cecile's line out
- New Exit Scenes: Carl (March 1985), to Jamie, "You tell your old man that this is far from over, hmmm...You tell Mr. Mackenzie Cory, mark each word, it will be finished." Perry Hutchins: Love barn loft to Vicky, "You're not getting away with this." Daphne to Carl, "We've got to get out of here. No! No!" Introduction Scenes: Daniel Gabriel, to Kathleen, "Are you alright?" Daphne, about Cass, "What an interesting face." Reintroduction scene: Carl (August 1985) to his lawyer, "Very nice. Very nice detail."
- Thank you to Sarah Cutter for her 1984-1986 Daily Synopses as reference for the following updates.
- New info: Introduction Scenes: Chris Chapin, a field landing his hang glider. Bridget, McKinnon house asking M.J. about renting a room. Dee Evans, mistaking Felicia for Cass. Sally Frame (Taylor Miller), to Catlin, "Well, where do you think you're going?" Edward Gerard, hotel room with Michaud Christophe. Zane Lindquist, over the phone to Peter, "I'll meet you in half an hour." Peter Love (Christopher Holder), to Marley, "How do you feel about it?"
Exit Scenes: Sandy Cory and Blaine, at the Cory Mansion. Jamie Frame (Stephen Yates), leaving a goodbye note for M.J. Peter Love (John Hutton), the hospital with Mark, calling himself gullible over Emily Benson. Alice (1985), giving Liz's whereabouts to Larry. Ben McKinnon, Smiley's Diner saying goodbye to Marley. Vince McKinnon (Jack Ryland), to Cass about being welcome in his house. Mark Singleton, the Love Mansion, being ordered by Peter to return to work.
- Not including the flashback of Catlin bringing Brittany flowers, the character's first "real" appearance occurred on March 20, 1985. Introduction Scene: her house in Oregon asking Zane who he was on the phone with.